◆ Application Timeline:-
1) Application Deadline (must): 28 May 2021
2) Application Screening: in June 2021
3) Notification of Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test/
4) Interview (on this page): in June 2021
5) Written Examination: 17 July 2021
6) Interview: To be announced
Notification of the Results of the
7) First Screening: Early August 2021
● Note- Owing to the ongoing situation related to COVID-19, the process of screening or the date of examination may change, or the recruitment may be entirely cancelled.
◆ Scholarship Benifits:-
1) 117,000 yen (Approx. Rs.82,978) per month allowance.
2) Education fees:- Exempted
3) Travelling Expenses- Round-trip airfare will be provided.
◆ Age limit:-
Applicants, in principle, must be born on or after 2 April, 1997
◆ Fields of study:-
(1) Social Sciences and Humanities
Social Sciences and Humanities – A
1. Law 2. Politics 3. Pedagogy 4. Sociology 5. Literature 6. History 7. Japanese Language 8. Others (excluding “1. Economics” and “2. Business Administration” in Humanities B.)
Social Sciences and Humanities – B
Economics 2. Business Administration
2) Natural Sciences
Natural Science – A
Science (1. Mathematics 2. Physics 3. Chemistry)
Electric and Electronic Studies (4. Electronics 5. Electrical Engineering 6. Information Engineering)
Mechanical Studies (7. Mechanical Engineering 8. Naval Architecture)
Civil Engineering and Architecture (9. Civil Engineering 10. Architecture 11. Environmental Engineering)
Chemical Studies (12. Applied Chemistry 13. Chemical Engineering 14. Industrial Chemistry 15. Textile Engineering)
Other Fields (16. Metallurgical Engineering 17. Mining Engineering 18. Maritime Engineering 19. Biotechnology)
Natural Science – B
Agricultural Studies (1. Agriculture 2. Agricultural Chemistry 3. Agricultural Engineering 4. Animal Science 5. Veterinary Medicine 6. Forestry 7. Food Science 8. Fisheries)
Hygienic Studies (9. Pharmacy 10. Hygienics 11. Nursing)
Science (12. Biology)
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) Students should secured minimum of 65% marks at 12th grade are required
◆ For Past Examination questions:-
◆ Application Procedure:-
1) Fill application form
2) Certificate of Health
3) Recomdation letter with supportive documents and sent by post or courier to nearest japanese Embasy.
◆ Where to send Application-
1)For students residing in West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand and Odisha
Consulate General of Japan in Kolkata
2)For students residing in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
Consulate General of Japan in Chennai
Add.: No 12/1 Cenetoph Road, 1st Street, Teynampet, Chennai 600018
3)For students residing in Chhattisgarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra
Consulate of General of Japan in Mumbai
Add.: No.1, M.L.Dahanukar Marg, Cumballa Hill, Mumbai, 400026
4)For students residing in Karnataka
Consulate of General of Japan in Bengaluru
Add.: 1st Floor, Prestige Nebula, No.8-14, Cubbon Road, Bengaluru 560001
5)For students residing in the remaining states and union territories
Embassy of Japan,
Add.: 50-G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021
◆ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms. Anshula) (For inquiry only.)
◆ For more information:-
Visit Website https://www.in.emb-japan.go.jp/Education/Undergraduate_Student.html
Preference will be given to candidates with Japanese Language proficiency, students tthose who haven’t Japanese Language proficiency are also eligible for scholarship.
2 thoughts on “Japanese Government Scholarships for Undergraduate Students (UG)2022”
When will I get notification of first screening for undergraduate .
I have already been recommended by Consulate General of JAPAN in Mumbai but they wrote that I have to clear EMBASSY’s selection to pass first screening . Today is 16th August meaning results should have already been announced by now but I have not received any update if I was rejected or accepted.
Does not receiving mail from Embassy means I am rejected ?
We will check and get to know about it.