- Deadline:- 31st Aug 2021
- About Scholarship:-
Sashakt Scholarship is a one-of-its-kind initiative to encourage young women across India to prepare for and pursue a career in science. It provides a level playing ground to girl students, especially from rural India and low socio-economic backgrounds, to get access to quality education in some of India’s best science institutions by offering financial support and mentorship throughout their undergraduate studies.
1) The scholarship covers all three years of study towards earning a B.Sc. degree.
2) Limited scholarships available, for students securing admissions in any of the 12 listed science colleges.
3) With a lead woman scientists as mentor, the scholars are guided through the crucial stages of their education, apart from having a role model for a career in science.
4) The scholarship award is Rs 2,40,000 (Rs 80,000/year) for three years of study, which covers the college tuition fees, study expenses and basic living costs.
5) The scholarship covers all three years of study towards earning a B.Sc. degree.
- Who can Apply:-
1) Bright, young girls with a record of academic excellence, confident of getting admission in India’s best science colleges, can apply as soon as they complete their Class XII examinations.
2) Only students who opt to study pure/natural science courses for their graduation are eligible for this scholarship.
3) Preference will be given to students with rural backgrounds, economically weak backgrounds and interest in scientific research.
IMPORTANT: The scholarship will be given only to students who have confirmed admissions to any of the colleges listed.
- Application Process:-
2) Fill application and documents (1st may 2021 onward)
3) Select Institution
4) Submit admission offer from anyone institution (by 31st Aug 2021)
5) Wait for selection confirmation email.
- Document Required:-
1) X Std. Certificate: Mandatory
2) X Std. Mark sheets: Optional
3) XII Std./ 10+2 Mark sheets: Mandatory
4) XII Std./ 10+2 Certificate: Optional
5) Income Certificate: Mandatory for household income less than Rs 5 lakhs
6) Disability Certificate: Mandatory for PwD Candidates