◆ About fellowship:-
Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships dedicated to the encouragement, support and patronage of higher learning and of free intellectual inquiry. These seek to provide an opportunity to exceptionally talented persons to devote themselves with freedom to their creative work for a period of two years.
◆ Deadline:- No last date for receipt of applications.
1) Each Fellowship is tenable for two years and carries a monthly stipend of Rs.1,00,000/-, (one lakh) which is exempt from Income Tax u/s 10(17A) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
2) In addition, actual expenses on secretarial assistance, traveling and other contingencies are met by the Fund subject to a ceiling of Rs. 75,000/- per annum.
◆ Fellowship Structure:-
1) Two Year Fellowship
2) It is open to scholars in every Faculty.
3) The Fellowship is open to Indian citizens and Fellows have complete freedom to work at places of his/her choice within India.
1) The only criteria is that students should possess proven capacity for outstanding work and a real desire to pursue a creative project, exploring new possibilities in their chosen field.
◆ How to apply:-
1) Applicants may send their particulars, under the following headings to Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi 110 001.
2) There is no printed form for application. The application may be sent in plain paper giving the following details :
- Bio-data, along with details of original work.
- Experience in the field of specialization.
- Project proposed to be undertaken (A synopsis typed in double space in not more than a thousand words)
- A copy of recent passport size photograph.
3) Those in Government service, either in a State or at the Centre, should send their applications through proper channel.
◆ Website Link :- http://www.jnmf.in/fabout.html
1) Address :- Administrative Secretary
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi 110-011
2) Phone: +91-11-23013641, +91-11-23017173, +91-11-23018087
3) Fax: +91-11-23011102
4) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org