The fellowship programme is under the patronage of the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. Up to 60 German Chancellor Fellowships are awarded each year – up to ten per country.
15 March to 15 October of each year.
- A monthly fellowship grant of 2,170 euros, 2,470 euros or 2,770 euros – depending on your training and career level
- An intensive language course before you begin your fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship,
- Individual support during your stay in Germany
- Additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for an additional German language course
- Joint events where you experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society,
- Networking activities that enable you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organise smaller network formats with other fellows,
- A two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career
- Your host institution will receive a monthly allowance for research costs of 500 euros.
◆ Eligibility Criteria:
- Hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African or American citizenship
- Work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience
- Will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago. The key date for calculating this twelve-year period is 1 October of the year in which the selection is made.
- Want to conduct an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany
- Have good knowledge of English and/or German
◆ Procedure to apply:
- Letter of motivation: Tell us what drives you, what leadership experience you already have and what your career goals are
- Project plan: Outline the project you have developed yourself and agreed with your intended host prior to applying. Why is your project of societal significance, and how will you be able to build bridges between Germany and your home country in the future?
- Extensive statement including mentoring agreement from your host in Germany
- Two letters of recommendation (not more than 12 months old) from individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background
◆ Link to apply:-
Humboldt Foundation in Bonn
Jean-Paul-Str. 12, 53173 Bonn, Germany
+49 228 833-0
+49 228 833-199
Humboldt Foundation in Berlin
WissenschaftsForum, Markgrafenstr. 37, 10117 Berlin, Germany
+49 228 833-0
+49 30 204 555-39
- website: www.humboldt-foundation.de