◆ Last Date of application:- 02 August 2021
◆ About Scholarship:-
The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship programme, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study Post graduate courses at the University of Oxford.
◆ Scholarship Benefits:-
1) Oxford University College fees and Stipend 15,900 pound/per year (₹16.4 lacks indian Rupees ).
2) The Trust will cover the fee for a Tier 4 study visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service.
3) The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
4) A number of research grants are also available to Rhodes Scholars, on application, which enables Scholars to, for example, attend international conferences or conduct additional fieldwork.
◆ Eligibility Criteria :-
1) Nationality/citizenship: You must be a citizen of India, holding an Indian passport.
2) Education/residency: You must have undertaken formal study at an educational institution in India for a minimum of 4 of the last 10 years, and have either (i) completed a school leaving exam (10th or 12th standard or equivalent) at a school in India, or (ii) have received, or be in the final year of, an undergraduate degree at a university in India.
3) Age: You must meet either of the below criteria:
i. you must have been born after 1 October 1997 and on or before 1 October 2003.
ii. Upon 1 October 2021, you must have not reached your 27th birthday and you have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing your first undergraduate degree on or after 1 October 2020*
4) Academic achievement: You must have completed (or will have completed by June / July 2022) your undergraduate degree with First Class, or equivalent.
Please note: only one of the five available Scholarships (and, in exceptional cases, two) may be awarded in aggregate to (i) candidates who are pursuing, or have pursued, their undergraduate studies at a university located outside India and (ii) inter-jurisdictional Candidates.
◆ Eligible courses :-
If students Enrolled in below mentioned courses at Oxford University they are eligible for apply scholarship.
BCL- Bachelor of Civil Law, MPhil, MSc, DPhil, MSt, BA
◆ Link for more information & Online application:-
◆ Documents Required:-
1) Birth Certificate
3) Transcript from the college or university
4) Proof of citizenship
5) Full curriculum vitae
6) A head-and-shoulders colour photograph
7) An academic statement of study
8) Personal statement
Mr Nandan Kamath
email@example.com (for eligibility enquiries only, not for all other queries )
An explanation of the types of graduate degrees at Oxford University can be found here:
Rhodes House Website: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk
Which Rhodes Scholarship? guidance: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/which-scholarship/
Guidance on completing your application: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/application-overview/
Conditions of Tenure: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/files/conditions-of-tenure
Data protection statement: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/pages/personal-data-cookies/
Rhodes constituencies list: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/list-of-rhodes-scholarship-countries/
(Please note, that if your country is not listed in the above link, you may be eligible to apply for a Global Rhodes Scholarship)
University of Oxford English language proficiency: http://www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/englishproficiency
University of Oxford Graduate Admissions: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate
For further information about the Rhodes Scholarship, see www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk
The Rhodes Trust reserves the right to vary these conditions at any time without notice – please visit https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply/ for updates.