Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship (For Higher Education Abroad)
◆ Scholarship Amount / Benefits:-
– University tuition fees in full
– 15,400 US dollars in annual subsistence allowance for education in America. Dollar and 9900 pounds for education in England
– Visa fees
– Economy class air travel expenses for the student to take admission in foreign universities and return to India after completing the course
– Personal health insurance costs
– US$ 15,00 for education in USA as contingency fund (books, field trips, participation in workshops, thesis typing & binding) A dollar is 1100 pounds for education in England
◆ Last Date:- 20 June 2023
◆ About Scholarship:-
Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship is given to the students belonging to Scheduled Caste, Neo-Buddhist category of Maharashtra for studying abroad through the Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance, Government of Maharashtra. This scholarship is awarded for pursuing Master Degree, Post Graduate Diploma (PG Diploma) as well as PHD. This year 75 students from Maharashtra will be given Rajshree Shahu Maharaj Scholarship for studying abroad.
◆ Duration of Scholarship
PhD- Four years or duration of actual course whichever is less
Master’s Degree – Three years or the duration of actual course of study whichever is less
Post Graduate Degree – Two years or actual course duration whichever is less
◆Age Limit :- As on 1st May 2023
Post Graduate Degree or Diploma – Maximum 35 years
PHD – Maximum 40 years
◆ Educational Qualification:-
1) Students admitted for Master’s degree or Master’s degree or PhD course in a foreign university should have passed graduation examination with minimum 55% marks from recognized universities in India.
◆ Eligible Courses:-
Post Graduation Diploma, Post Graduation and Phd
in Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law courses, Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy
◆ Number of Scholarships by Subject and Courses :-
Arts – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course-02, PhD Course-04
Commerce – Masters Degree, Post Graduate Course-02, PhD Course-04
Science – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course-02, PhD Course-05
Engineering – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course – 25, PhD Course – 06
Management – Masters Degree, Post Graduate Course-08, PhD Course-04
Medical- Post Graduate Degree, Post Graduate Course-03, PhD Course-02
Law – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course – 05, PhD Course – 03
◆ Courses & Eligibility Criteria to be Approved for Foreign Scholarships :-
Engineering – Permissible Courses: P.G/Ph.D.
1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
4.Chemical Engineering 5.Computer Engineering
9. Marine Engineering
10 Petrochemical Engineering
11. Electronic & TC Engineering
12. Information Engineering
13 BIO-Technology Engineering
14 Genetic Engineering
Eligibility Criteria – Graduation for PG & Post Graduation for Ph.D.
Medical-Permissible Courses: P.G.
Eligibility Criteria – Graduation in Medical Sciences
Management- Permissible Courses P.G/Ph.D
1.MBA, With Finance / Marketing / H R / System Analysis
Eligibility Criteria –
Science – Permissible Courses P.G/Ph.D
3 Animal Husbandry
4 General Science
Arts & Commerce – Permissible Courses P.G/Ph.D
Arts- Permissible Courses P.G/Ph.D
1 Fine Arts
2 Film Making
Law- Permissible Courses P.G/Ph.D
Courses after L.L.M.
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) The candidate and the candidate’s parents or guardians should be citizens of India and residents of the state of Maharashtra.
2) It is mandatory that the academic year 2023 QS (QUACQUARELLI SYMONDS) ranking of the foreign academic institution is within 300 of the candidates who have been admitted for Master’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD in the academic year (2023-2024) and are willing to take admission.
3) The combined annual family income of the candidate’s parents / family and the candidate’s own income if employed should not exceed Rs.
4) Age of the candidate should not exceed 35 years for Masters Degree, 35 years for Post Graduate Course and 40 years for PhD Course as on 1st May 2023.
5) This scholarship is only for Scheduled Caste, Neo-Buddhist category students of Maharashtra.
◆ Necessary Documents:-
The student is required to submit the following documents along with the said application. :
1) Application in the prescribed format.
2) Caste Certificate issued by Competent Authority and Caste Validity Certificate issued by Caste Verification Committee.
3) Income proof.
4) Graduation / Post Graduation Examination Pass Evidence that ( Degree Certifiate / Mark List ALL SEMISTERS ).
5) Unconditional offer letter of admission to an educational institution abroad with a QS World Ranking below 300. (UNCONDITIONAL OFFER LETTER)
6) Copy of the detailed information sheet of the University in which admission has been obtained.
7) Necessary contracts and guarantees.
8) Affidavit of two Indian citizens.
9) If the student or parents or both are employed or other members of the family are employed their Income Tax Return, Form no. 16, and it will be necessary to submit the combined income certificate of the family from all sources for the previous financial year from the competent authority (not below the rank of Tehsildar or Naib Tehsildar), for other students, the family’s income certificate for the previous financial year from the competent authority (not below the rank of Tehsildar or Naib Tehsildar). It will be necessary to submit the consolidated income certificate of the income received from all sources.
10) Course if there is no minimum duration mentioned on the offer letter
University certificate regarding minimum duration should be attached with the application.
11) Proof of Indian Institute of Medical Sciences (ICMR) approval of the educational institution and the course in case of admission for medical course.
12. A letter of admission from the educational institution abroad, which should mention the full details of the course admitted, fee structure (details key structure), course stages, duration of the course and information about scholarships and other benefits.
13. Annual expenditure budget abroad (budget detailing necessary expenses like tuition fees, accommodation and meals, books, stationery, thesis writing, study tour etc.) should be certified by the head of the educational institution.
14. A copy of the prospectus of the overseas university (including the course with the internship) should mention the full duration. Also, hard copy of Program Hand Book should be attached. Do not e-mail.
15. QS World University Ranking World ranking admission university should tick ( √ ) and attach a copy.
16. Domicile Certificate from the Competent Authority regarding being a resident of Maharashtra State,
17. Ration Card / Aadhaar Card / Copy of Voter Identity Card and one proof of Light Bill / Telephone Bill / House Tax Payment Receipt in Local Self-Government / Copy of Property Card to prove house address.
18. Copy of passport
19 Essay of 250 words in English on the purpose of going abroad to study,
20. Proof of passing the required exams like GRE / TOFEL / IELTS / GMAT etc.
1) Only one student from a family can avail this scholarship.
2) Students admitted for Executive Master’s Degree or Executive Master’s Degree and part-time courses will not be eligible for this scheme.
3) For medical courses, the university and the course must be approved by the Indian Council of Medical Sciences (ICMR) if the student is to take admission in a foreign university.
4) 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students enrolling or enrolled in an educational institution abroad can apply for the scholarship; But second and third year students will not get the scholarship for the completed course period.
5) Those students who have availed the scheme for completing Master’s degree course abroad under the government’s foreign scholarship earlier, will also be eligible to apply for the scholarship for PhD course.
◆ Information regarding Income Proof :-
1) If the student or parent or both are employed or other members of the family are employed their Income Tax Return, Form no. 16, and must submit a consolidated income certificate of the family’s income from all sources for the previous financial year from the competent authority (not below the rank of Tehsildar or Naib Tehsildar).
2) For other students it will be necessary to submit the combined income certificate of the family from all sources for the previous financial year from the competent authority (not below the rank of Tehsildar or Naib Tehsildar).
3) In case of female candidate if the candidate is married the combined annual income of the family of husband is required. If a married female candidate is widowed, divorced, widowed or separated from her husband and residing with her father, the legal documents of widow, divorced or separated from her husband are required to be submitted while applying according to the family income of the father.
◆ Procedure to Apply :-
Download the application form from the link given below and send the completed application along with the documents to the address “Govt. of Maharashtra Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Social Welfare Commissionerate, 3 Church Path, Pune-411001” by post / Courier or submit it in person.
Link to Download Application:
◆ Link to Download Guarantee :-
◆ Link to Download Bond Paper :-
◆ Link to Download Required Document List:-
◆ Link to Download QS Ranking List :-
◆ Link to Download Scholarship Information Booklet:-
◆ Contact Details:-
Address- Government of Maharashtra Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance, Social Welfare Commissionerate, 3 Church Path, Pune-411001
Telephone no. 020-26137186