◆ Scholarship Amount / Benefits:-
- Tuition fees
- Subsistence Allowance
- Economy class air travel expenses for the student to take admission in foreign universities and return to India after completing the course
- Personal health insurance costs
◆ Closing Date:- 12th July, 2023
◆ About Scholarship:-
Under the Department of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra, meritorious students from the open category of Maharashtra State who have taken admission for higher education in an overseas educational institution within THE (TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION- TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION) or QS (QUACQUARELLI SYMONDS) ranking 200 for Post Graduate Diploma or Post Graduate Degree or PhD course. Scholarships are provided by the Government of Maharashtra for such students.
◆ Duration of Scholarship
PhD- Four years or duration of actual course whichever is less
Post Graduate Degree – Two years or duration of actual course whichever is less
Post Graduate Diploma – 1 year or duration of actual course whichever is less
◆ Educational Qualification:-
1) Students admitted for Master’s degree or Master’s degree course abroad should have passed the degree examination with minimum 60% marks from recognized universities in India.
2) Candidates admitted for PhD course should have passed Master’s degree examination with minimum 60% marks from recognized universities in India.
◆ Eligible Courses:-
Post Graduation Diploma, Post Graduation and Phd in Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law Courses, Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy
◆ Number of Scholarships by Subject and Courses :-
Arts – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course-01, PhD Course-01
Commerce – Post Graduate Degree, Post Graduate Course-01, PhD Course-01
Science – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course-01, PhD Course-01
Engineering / Architecture – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course-04, PhD Course-04
Management – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course-01, PhD Course-01
Pharmacology – Masters Degree, Post Graduate Course-01, PhD Course-01
Law – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course – 01, PhD Course – 01
◆ Courses & Eligibility Criteria to be Approved for Foreign Scholarships :-
Engineering – Permissible Courses: P.G/Ph.D.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
4.Chemical Engineering 5.Computer Engineering
- Marine Engineering
10 Petrochemical Engineering
- Electronic & TC Engineering
- Information Engineering
13 BIO-Technology Engineering
14 Genetic Engineering
Eligibility Criteria – Graduation for PG & Post Graduation for Ph.D.
Medical-Permissible Courses: P.G.
Eligibility Criteria – Graduation in Medical Sciences
Management- Permissible Courses P.G/Ph.D
1.MBA, With Finance / Marketing / H R / System Analysis
Eligibility Criteria –
Science – Permissible Courses P.G/Ph.D
3 Animal Husbandry
4 General Science
Arts & Commerce – Permissible Courses P.G/Ph.D
Arts- Permissible Courses P.G/Ph.D
1 Fine Arts
2 Film Making
Law- Permissible Courses P.G/Ph.D
Courses after L.L.M.
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) The candidate and the candidate’s parents or guardians should be citizens of India and residents of the state of Maharashtra.
2) Candidates admitted in the academic year (2023-2024) and willing to take admission must have a THE (TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION- TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION- Times Higher Education) or QS (QUACQUARELLI SYMONDS) ranking within 200 of the head of the foreign educational institution in the year 2023.
3) The combined annual family income of the candidate’s parents / family and the candidate’s own income if employed should not exceed Rs.
4) Candidate’s age should not exceed 35 years for Master’s degree course and 40 years for PhD course as on 1st July.
5) This scholarship is only for open category students of Maharashtra.
◆ Method of Application :-
1 Apply online by going to the below mentioned website
2 Physically Visit & submit the printout of the application form filled online on the above mentioned website and the attested copies of the necessary certificates and documents attached along with the original certificates and documents within the prescribed period to any of the concerned Joint Director Divisional Offices mentioned below for verification.
(If the applying student is not able to visit 0 Technical Education Department Office, Divisional Office or Joint Director’s office for submission of printed application and documents as well as for verification. such student can submit his application by giving authority letter to his parent or other family member.)
◆ Necessary Documents:-
1) Student’s Age Certificate School Leaving Certificate Domicile or SSC Certificate
2) Class X Mark Sheet
3) Class X Board Certificate
4) Class XII mark sheet
5) 10th Board Certificate
6) Degree mark sheet
7) Master Degree Mark Sheet
8) Degree Certificate
9) Post Graduate Degree Certificate
10) GRE Score Card
11) TOFEL / IELTS score card
12) No objection certificate from office if student is employed
13) Form No. 16 if the student is employed
14) Income tax return form of the student if employed
15) Income certificate issued by the competent authority for the year 2022-2033 for all persons in the family in all directions.
16) Original Unconditional Offer Letter of the University abroad.
17) F-1 (I-20 certificate) for students from USA if available
18) Annual Expenditure Budget for Courses in Foreign Universities (University Letter)
19) Aadhaar Card
20) Ration Card
21) Death certificate if father is not alive
22) Relevant court documents if parents are separated
23) Copy of relevant pages of Prospectus of the University
24) Student’s Aadhaar linked bank account details in India (cheque book or passbook)
25) Certificate issued by a Registered Medical Officer that the student is in good health
27) Domicile Certificate proving that Student is a Domacile of Maharashtra State
28) Domicile certificate of parent or parents of the student if parents are not alive and in case of guardian, proof that parents are Domacile of Maharashtra State
29) If the marks of the student are given in GRADE or POINTER on the mark sheet then FORMULA or relevant letter from the concerned Board or University regarding calculation of percentage from grade or points
30) Copy of Visa
31) Guarantee letter of two Indian citizens (to be submitted after final selection)
32) Proof that the student is a resident of Maharashtra State (Domicile Certificate)
33) Student’s mother / father or if parents are not alive and in case of guardians proof that parents are residents of Maharashtra State (Domicile Certificate)
34) Copy of the certificate stating the caste of the student (caste certificate or school or college leaving certificate)
35) Bandh Patra on stamp of Rs.500 (to be submitted after selection)
36) Hami Patraon stamp of Rs.500 (to be submitted after selection)
37) PAN Card
38) THE and QS WORLD RANK 2023 list with the name of the concerned university.
1) None of the applicant’s family members should have benefited from this scheme earlier. Only one student from a family can avail this scholarship.
2) Students admitted for Executive Master’s Degree or Executive Master’s Degree and part-time courses will not be eligible for this Scholarship.
3) While applying for this scholarship, the student should not have received any foreign scholarship from any other state government or central government and he/she should not have applied for foreign scholarship scheme of any other administration department.
◆ Link to download GR regarding scholarship :-
◆ Link to Download Scholarship Information Booklet:-
◆ Click on the following link to see the scholarship application schedule :-
◆ Link for Online Application :-
◆ To See Scholarship Advertisement Click on below link:-
◆ Link to Download Guarantee :-
◆ Link to Download Bond Paper :-
◆ Link to Download Required Document List:-
◆ Contact Details:-
Address- Directorate Of Technical Education, Maharashtra State,
Mumbai 3, Mahapalika Marg, Post Box No.1967,
Opp. Metro Cinema, Mumbai – 400 001
Mobile- 8421331181, 022-68597419, 022-68597493
Joint Director, Higher Education, Nagpur Old Morris College Building, Sitabardi, Nagpur, Pin Code: 440001.
Joint Director, Higher Education, Kolhapur Rajaram College Campus, Vidyanagar, Kolhapur Pin Code: 416002.
Joint Director, Higher Education, Aurangabad
Padam Pura Station Road, Near Devagiri College, Aurangabad, Pin Code: 431001.
Tel: 0240-2331913. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Director, Higher Education, Amravati
Vidarbha Sanstha Campus, Amravati Pin Code: 444064, Amravati District
Joint Director, Higher Education, Mumbai
MUMBAI- 3 Mahanagarpalika Marg, (Elphinstone Technical High School Campus), Dhobitlav, Ground Floor. Mumbai
Pin Code: 400001. Tel: 022-22656600.
Joint Director, Higher Education, Pune, 17 Dr. Ambedkar Road, St. Mathews Marathi Varsh Beside, Opposite Lal Deul, Kaimp, Pune : 411001. Tel: 020-26127833.
Joint Director, Higher Education, Jalgaon
Maharashtra Life Authority, 1st Floor, Consumer Court, Jalgaon. Pin Code: 425009.
Tel: 0257-2238510. E-mail: email@example.com
Joint Director, Higher Education, Opposite Nanded Yashwant Government Technical College, Nanded Pin Code: 431605. Tel: 02462-253144.
Joint Director, Higher Education, Panvel
Government Teachers College (Campus), Mumbai Pune Marg, Panvel Pin Code: 410206. Raigad District. Tel: 022-2751420.
E-mail: dire. firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Director, Higher Education, Solapur
D Sub Divisional President Umjala Administrative Building, Collector Office Complex, Solapur, Pin
Code: 413001, Solapur District. Tel: 0217-2350055.
Joint Director, Divisional Office of Technical Education, Mumbai
- Kherwadi, Aliwar Jung Marg, Bandra (East), Mumbai 400051. Phone 022-26474892, 26471619.
E-mail : email@example.com Website : https://www.dteromumbai.org.in
Joint Director, Technical Education Divisional Office, Pune 412 B 3rd Floor, Board of Technical Education New Building, Near Om Super Market, Bahirat Patil Chowk, Shivajinagar, Pune 411016.
Phone 020-25656234, 25678973, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Director, Divisional Office of Technical Education, Nashik New Polytechnic Area, Samangaon Road, Nashik- 422101. Telephone 0253-2461479.2460114.
E-mail: email@example.com Website: https://www.dtensk.org
Joint Director, Divisional Office of Technical Education, Aurangabad
Station Road, Usmanpura, Govt. Tannariketan Campus, Aurangabad-431005. Aurangabad
Joint Director, Divisional Office of Technical Education, Amravati
COTTON MARKET ROAD, GOVERNMENT TANRANIKETAN COMPLEX, AMARAVATI – 444603,
Joint Director, Divisional Office of Technical Education, Nagpur
Govt Tanrniketan Premises, Sadar Bazar, Nagpur 440001
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org