◆ Government of Maharashtra Department of Higher and Technical Education Scholarships for Higher Education Abroad ◆
◆ Scholarship Amount / Benefits: –
– Tuition fees
– Subsistence allowance
– Cost of economy class air travel for the student to get admission in foreign universities and return to India after completing the course.
– Personal health insurance costs
◆ Deadline: – 22 July 2022
◆ About Scholarship: –
Government of Maharashtra Department of Higher and Technical Education provide scholarship to The meritorious students in the open category of the State of Maharashtra who have taken admission for postgraduate diploma or postgraduate degree or PhD course in foreign college or university having THE (TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION- TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION) or QS (QUACQUARELLI SYMONDS) ranking less than 200.
◆ Scholarship period
PhD – Four years or Actual duration of course whichever is less
Post Graduate Degree – Two years or Actual duration of course whichever is less
Post Graduate Diploma – One year or Actual duration of course whichever is less
◆ Educational Qualification: –
1) Students enrolled for postgraduate degree or postgraduate diploma course from abroad should have passed the degree examination with at least 60% marks from recognized universities in India.
2) Students admitted for PhD course should have passed the post graduate examination with at least 60% marks from recognized universities in India.
◆ Eligible Courses: –
Post Graduation Diploma, Post Graduation or Phd in Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law, Engineering, Architecture & Pharmacy
◆ Eligibility Criteria: –
1) Candidate and candidate’s parents or guardians should be citizens of India and tribals of Maharashtra.
2) Only students enrolled in foreign colleges or universities who are within the Times Higher Education or QS Ranking 200 are eligible for this scholarship.
3) If the candidate’s parents / any family member and the candidate is employed, the combined annual family income of the previous year (in 2021-2022) should not exceed Rs. 8 lakhs.
4) On 1st July, the age of the candidate should not be more than 35 years for post graduate course and 40 years for PhD course.
5) This scholarship is for open class students in Maharashtra only.
◆ Documents required: –
1) Certificate regarding age of students ( school leaving certificate, Domicile or SSC certificate )
2) Class X marks sheet
3) Class X Board Certificate
4) Class XII marks
5) Tenth Board Certificate
6) Degree marksheets
7) Post Graduate Degree marksheet
8) Degree certificate
9) Post Graduate Degree Certificate
10) GRE Score Card
11) TOFEL / IELTS score card
12) No Objection Certificate from the office if the student is working
13) Form No. 16 if the student is working
14) Income tax return form if the student is working
15) Income Certificate issued by the competent authority for the year 2021-2033 for all the members of the family by all means.
16) Original Unconditional Offer Letter of Foreign University
17) If F-1 (I-20 certificate) is available for students in USA
18) Estimates of Annual Expenditure of Courses in Overseas Universities (University Letters)
19) Aadhar card
20) Ration card
21) Death certificate if father is not alive
22) Relevant court documents if parents are separated
23) Copy of relevant page of University Prospectus
24) Bank account information in India attached to student base (check book or passbook)
25) Certificate issued by a registered medical officer for good health of students
27) Domicile Certificate of being a tribal of Maharashtra
28 parent’s certificate of being a tribal of the state of Maharashtra, domicile certificate.
29) If the marks of the student are given on the marksheet in the grade or pointer, then to get the percentage from the grade or from the pointer, relevant board or university relevant letter required.
30) Copy of Visa
31) Bail for two Indian nationals (to be submitted after final selection)
1) Only one student from a family can avail of this scholarship.
2) Students enrolled for Executive Post Graduate Degree or Executive Post Graduate Diploma and Part time courses will not be eligible for this scheme.
3) While applying for this scholarship, the student should not have taken foreign scholarship of any other state government or central government before and he should not have applied for foreign scholarship scheme of other administration department.
◆ Link for downloading Scholarship GR : –
◆ Link for downloading Scholarship Information Booklet: –
◆ Link for online application: –
◆ Contact details: –
Address – Directorate Of Technical Education, Maharashtra State,
Mumbai 3, Mahapalika Marg, Post Box No.1967,
Opp. Metro Cinema, Mumbai – 400 001