(For Higher Education Abroad)
◆ About Scholarship:-
Maharaja Sayajirao Gaikwad Scholarship for studying abroad will be given to the students of Maratha, Kunbi, Kunbi-Maratha, Maratha-Kunbi categories of Maharashtra through Sarathi Corporation of Maharashtra Government. This scholarship will be given for pursuing Master Degree, Post Graduate Diploma (PG Diploma), as well as PHD. This year 75 students from Maharashtra will be given Maharaja Sayajirao Gaikwad Scholarship for studying abroad.
◆ Scholarship Amount / Benefits:-
– Complete University tuition fees
– Annual Subsistence Fund for Education in USA & Another Country (Excluding UK) 15,400 US Dollar and 9900 pounds for education in UK
– Economy class air travel expenses for the student to get admission in foreign universities and return to India after completing the course
– Personal health insurance costs
PhD- Scholarship will be awarded up to a maximum of Rs.40 lakhs.
Post Graduate Degree & Post Graduate Diploma – Scholarship will be awarded up to a maximum of Rs 30 Lakhs.
◆ Last Date:-
Last date for online application and uploading of documents – 1 September 2023
Last date for submission of complete filled application along with documents to Sarathi Sanstha address- 4th September 2023
◆ Duration of Scholarship :-
PhD- Four years or duration of actual course whichever is less
Master’s Degree – Two years or the duration of actual course of study whichever is less
Post Graduate Degree – One year or actual course duration whichever is less
◆Age Limit :-
Post Graduate Degree or Diploma – Maximum 35 years
PHD – Maximum 40 years
◆ Educational Qualification:-
1) Students admitted for Master’s Degree or Post Graduate Diploma course in a foreign university should have passed graduation examination with minimum 75% marks from recognized universities in India.
2) Students admitted for PhD course in a foreign university should have passed Master’s degree examination with minimum 75% marks from recognized universities in India.
◆ Eligible Courses:-
Post Graduation Diploma, Post Graduation and Phd
in Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law courses, Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy
◆ Number of Scholarships by Subject and Courses :-
Arts – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course-04, PhD Course-05
Commerce / Economics – Masters Degree, Post Graduate Course-04, PhD Course-05
Science – Masters Degree, Post Graduate Course-10, PhD Course-05
Engineering – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course-20, PhD Course-05
Management – Masters Degree, Post Graduate Course-02, PhD Course-01
Law – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course – 04, PhD Course – 01
Architecture – Master’s Degree, Master’s Degree Course-04, PhD Course-02
Pharmacy – – Post Graduate Degree, Post Graduate Course-02, PhD Course-01
◆ Courses & Eligibility Criteria to be Approved for Foreign Scholarships :-
Engineering – Permissible Courses: P.G/P.G DIPLOMA /Ph.D
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Marine Engineering
10 Petrochemical Engineering
- Electronic & TC Engineering
- Information Engineering
13 BIO-Technology Engineering
14 Genetic Engineering
16 Industry Internet of Things IIOT
17 Cyber Law / Cyber Security
18 Bio Medical Engineering
Management- Permissible Courses P.G/P.G DIPLOMA /Ph.D
1.MBA, With Finance / Marketing / H R / System Analysis
Science – Permissible Courses P.G/P.G DIPLOMA /Ph.D
3 Animal Husbandry
4 General Science
Arts & Commerce – Permissible Courses P.G/P.G DIPLOMA /Ph.D
6 Applied Arts
7 Fine Arts
Pharmacy – Permissible Courses P.G/P.G DIPLOMA /Ph.D
Law- Permissible Courses P.G/P.G DIPLOMA /Ph.D
Courses after L.L.M.
Architecture :- Permissible Courses P.G/P.G DIPLOMA /Ph.D
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) The candidate and the candidate’s parents or guardians should be citizens of India and residents of the state of Maharashtra.
2) It is mandatory that the academic year 2023 QS (QUACQUARELLI SYMONDS) ranking of the overseas educational institution of the candidates who have been admitted for Master’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD in the academic year (2023-2024) and are willing to take admission is within 200.
3) Combined annual family income of the previous year (2022-2023) by all means excluding income of the candidate’s parents / family and if the candidate is employed Rs. Should not exceed 8 lakhs
4) Candidate’s age should not exceed 35 years for Post Graduate course, 35 years for Post Graduate course and 40 years for PhD course.
5) This scholarship is only for Maratha, Kunbi, Kunbi-Maratha, Maratha-Kunbi category students of Maharashtra.
◆ Necessary Documents:-
The student is required to submit the following documents along with the said application. :
1) Application in the prescribed format.
2) Maratha, Kunbi, Kunbi-Maratha, Maratha-Kunbi caste certificate issued by the competent authority. (School Leaving Certificate or EWS Certificate if no Caste Certificate) Along with Maratha, Kunbi, Kunbi-Maratha, Maratha-Kunbi Caste Verification Certificate.
3) Income proof. and Form No. 16 and ITR
In case of married female candidates, the income documents of the annual Tehsildar of the husband should be attached.
4) Post Graduate Diploma & Post Graduate Degree – Degree Certificate with all marks sheet / Transcript
PhD- Master degree certificate with all mark sheet / Transcript
( Degree Certifiate / Mark List ALL SEMISTERS ).
5) Unconditional offer letter for admission to an educational institution abroad whose QS World Ranking is less than 200. (UNCONDITIONAL OFFER LETTER).
F-1 (I-20 Certificate) for students wishing to study in USA
QSWR List (scanned copy) self attested with name of concerned university
6) Statement of purpose/ essay (original copy) (Only for PH.D.)
7) Copy of all pages of Prospectus of the University
8) Bond (original copy) on stamp paper of Rs.500/- (can be given after selection) bond on stamp paper of Rs.500/- (original copy can be given after selection)
9) 10th and 12th mark sheet and certificate
10) Letter of recommendation from two gazetted officers (original copy)
11) Relevant court documents if parents are separated
- Relevant court documents if married female applicant is separated from husband
- Annual Expenditure Abroad Budget Letter from the University
- Death certificate if father is not alive
- Pan Card of students
- Domicile Certificate from the Competent Authority regarding being a resident of Maharashtra State,
- Ration card
- Copy of passport
Aadhaar card of 19 students
- Proof of passing the required exams GRE / TOFEL / IELTS / etc.,
21 Student’s Age Certificate (School Leaving Certificate, Domicile Certificate, 10th Board Certificate)
◆ Important Note:-
1) Only one student from a family can avail this scholarship.
2) Students admitted for Executive Master’s Degree or Executive Master’s Degree and part-time courses will not be eligible for this scheme.
◆ Procedure to Apply :-
Submitting Documents Online & Physically –
Online application should be made at the link given below, along with printed application documents “Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Institute of Research, Training and Human Development (SARATHI), Bal Chitravani, CT Survey No. 173, B/1, Gopal Ganesh Agarkar Road, Pune 411 004.” Send by post to this address or submit in person.
Link to Apply Online :- https://sarthifs.sarthi-maharashtragov.in/
Link to Download Application : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tP1YYHquOZtWNnm7edS3Ku0qCB6tn5Ry/view?usp=sharing
◆ Link to Download Guarantee :-
◆ Link to Download Bond Paper :-
◆ Link to Download Required Document List:-
◆ Link to Download Scholarship Information Booklet:-
◆ Contact Details:-
Address- Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Institute of Research, Training and Human Development (SARATHI), Balchitvani, CT Survey No. 173, B/1, Gopal Ganesh Agarkar Road, Pune 411 004.
Contact Number – 020-25592502