◆ Government of Maharashtra Directorate Of Other Backward, Bahujan Welfare Scholarship for Higher Education In Abroad ◆
◆ Scholarship Amount / Benefits: –
– Tuition fees
– Subsistence allowance
– Cost of economy class air travel for the student to get admission in foreign universities and return to India after completing the course.
– Personal health insurance costs
◆ Last date: – 23rd June 2022
◆ About Scholarship: –
Government of Maharashtra Directorate of Other Backward Bahujan Welfare provide Scholarships for higher education in foreign educational institutes to students from other backward classes, other backward classes, various backward classes in the State of Maharashtra.
◆ Scholarship period
PhD – Four years or Actual duration of course whichever is less
Post Graduate Degree – Two years or Actual duration of course whichever is less
Post Graduate Diploma – One year or Actual duration of course whichever is less
◆ Educational Qualification: –
1) Students enrolled for postgraduate degree or postgraduate diploma course from abroad should have passed the degree examination with at least 60% marks from recognized universities in India.
2) Students admitted for PhD course should have passed the post graduate examination with at least 60% marks from recognized universities in India.
◆ Eligible Courses: –
Postgraduate Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma, Post Graduation Diploma, Post Graduation and Phd in Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law Courses, Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy
◆ Eligibility Criteria: –
1) Candidate and candidate’s parents or guardians should be citizens of India as well as residents of the state of Maharashtra.
2) Only students enrolled in foreign colleges or universities who are within the Times Higher Education or QS Ranking 200 are eligible for this scholarship.
3) If the candidate’s parents / any family member and the candidate is employed, the combined annual family income of the previous year (in 2021-2022) should not exceed Rs. 8 lakhs.
4) On 1st July, the age of the candidate should not be more than 35 years for post graduate course and 40 years for PhD course.
5) This Scholarship is only for students from Deprived Castes, Nomadic Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Various Backward Classes in Maharashtra.
◆ Documents required: –
It is mandatory to submit the following documents along with the application. All these documents should be Sell Allested. Once selected, the original documents must be made available for inspection.
1 Application in prescribed format,
2 last year’s income certificate given by competent authority not less than Tehsildar.
3 Forms No. 16 or Income Tax Assessment Certificate, Income Tax Return if parents and students themselves are employed
4 Proof of passing Degree / Post Graduate Degree (Degree Certificate / Marksheet )
5 Unconditional offer letter for admission in an educational institution within THE / or QS world ranking 200 abroad,
6 A letter of admission should be obtained from the foreign educational institution, which should contain complete information of the admitted course, fee structure (detailed fee structure, course stages, duration of the course and scholarships to be obtained and other beneficial information) (Prospectus).
7 Estimates of year-wise expenditure required for completion of the entire course, including tuition fees, examination fees, living and meal expenses, health insurance expenses, books, stationery dissertation writing, study tours, etc.
8 Updated THE / QS world ranking list of institutes admitted for postgraduate and PhD courses.
9 Certificate of competent authority for being a resident of Maharashtra. (Domicile certificate)
10 Ration Card / Aadhar Card / Copy of Voting Identity Card and Light Bill / Telephone Bill for Proof of Home Address
11 Copies of passport,
12 250 words eassy in English on the purpose of going abroad for education
13 Proof of passing GRE / TOFEL / IELTS / GMAT etc.
14 Health certificate issued by a registered medical officer.
15 Bail of two Indian nationals.
16 Necessary Agreements, Guarantees and Bonds (in prescribed format)
17 Caste certificate issued by competent authority and caste validity certificate.
1) Only one student from a family can avail of this scholarship.
2) Students enrolled for Executive Post Graduate Degree or Executive Post Graduate Diploma and Part time courses are not eligible for this scheme.
3) While applying for this scholarship, the student should not have taken foreign scholarship of any other state government or central government before and he should not have applied for foreign scholarship scheme of other administration department.
◆ How to apply: –
Download the application form given on the following link and send the completed application along with the documents by post to the “ Government of Maharashtra, Directorate of Other Backward Bahujan Welfare, 3 Church Path, Maharashtra, Pune 1” or go to the address and submit it yourself.
◆ Link to download application:
◆ Link for downloading Scholarship Information Booklet: –
◆ Contact details: –
Address- Government of Maharashtra, Directorate Of Other Backward Bahujan Welfare, 3 Church Path, Maharashtra, Pune 1
Telephone. 020 26055185