◆ About fellowships:-
The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) awards PhD fellowships of 2 to 3.5 years to outstanding junior scientists worldwide who wish to pursue an ambitious PhD project in basic biomedical research in an internationally leading laboratory.
◆ Deadline:- 1 February, 1 June, 1 October
◆ Benefit of fellowship:-
1) A Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) PhD fellowship offers a competitive monthly stipend. It is initially granted for 2 years and may be extended once for up to 1.5 years.
2) In addition, you receive travel allowances, e.g. for scientific conferences, and participate in tailor-made seminars for BIF fellows and alumni.
3) As a BIF fellow, you also become part of a lively and worldwide network built on trust, helpfulness, and many personal encounters.
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) awards PhD fellowships to European citizens working in Europe or overseas and to non-European citizens pursuing their PhD projects in Europe.
2) The PhD projects must be experimental, in the field of basic biomedical research, and aimed at elucidating basic biological phenomena of human life and acquiring new scientific knowledge.
◆ How to Apply:-
1) An application form on our online portal (link below) including a PDF copy containing documents 1–7
2) Letter(s) of recommendation.
The application must be written in English by the applicants themselves.
◆ Contact us:-
1) Our address
Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds
Foundation for Basic Research in Medicine
2) Tel.: +49 (0)6131 2750 80
3) Email: secretariat(at)bifonds.de