◆ Last Date:- 31 July 2022
◆ About Scholarship:-
National Overseas Scholarship provides financial assistance to selected ST students for pursuing higher studies i.e Master’s Degree, Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral research programme abroad. This is a Central Sector Scheme of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and every year 20 fresh ST students are given scholarship for pursuing Master’s Degree, Ph.D., and Post-Doctoral courses at abroad.
◆ Scholarship Amount / Benifits:-
1) Research/Teaching Assistantship –
Research/Teaching Assistantship up to US Dollars 2400 per annum and for
awardees in United Kingdom, Pounds sterling 1560 per annum. For other countries, US Dollar 2400 per annum.
2) The finally selected candidates for Scholarship will be supported for getting Coaching TOEFL/GRE/GMAT examination.
3) Annual Maintenance Allowance
The Annual maintenance allowance in the US will be US Dollars 15,400 ($ Fifteen thousand four hundred only) & for candidates in the United Kingdom will be Pound sterling 9,900 ( Nine thousand nine hundred only) For other countries, US Dollar 15,400.
4) Annual Contingency and Equipment Allowance
The Annual Contingency and Equipment Allowance for books/essential apparatus/study tour/typing and binding of thesis etc. will be $ 1532 (US Dollars One thousand five hundred thirty two only) for the candidates in US and for candidates in United Kingdom, it will be £1116 (Pounds sterling One thousand one hundred sixteen only! For other countries, US Dollar 1532.
5) Poll Tax Actual shall be paid, wherever applicable.
6) Visa Fees- Actual visa fees in Indian Rupees will be paid.
7) Incidental Journey Expenses – Incidental journey expenses up to US Dollars 18.70 or its equivalent in Indian Rupees are permissible.
8) Fees :-
Tuition fees as per actual will be admissible.
9) Medical Insurance Premium
10) Cost of Air Travel – Economy class
11) Local Travel Cost
12)Domestic travel Cost for attending interview
◆ Eligible Course & Field of Study :-
Students taking Admission for Post-Doctoral Research OR Ph.D OR Master’s Degree in below mentioned streams are eligible for scholarship
Economic / Finance
◆ Duration of Scholarship:-
1) Post-Doctoral Research-1 & 1/2 years
2) For Ph.D- 4 Year
3) For Master’s Degree – 1/2/3 years (One/Two/Three years) depending upon the duration of the Course.
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) For Post-Doctoral Scholarship : Candidate Who Secured Minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s Degree and Ph.D are eligible for scholarship application.
2) For PhD Scholarship : Candidate Who Secured Minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s Degree are eligible for scholarship application.
3) For Master’s Degree Scholarship : Candidate Who Secured Minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelor’s Degree are eligible for scholarship application.
4) Only ST category or Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups Students are Eligible For Scholarship.
– Only one child from the family can get the benefit of the Scholarship.
– The age of candidate should not be more than 35 years as on 1st July, 2022.
– Candidate total family income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 6,00,000/-
-For Scholarship Preference would be given to the experienced candidates, especially to those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
– Students finally selected Shall obtain admission and join an accredited University / Institution abroad within two years from the date of communication of selection. On expiry of this specified period of time the scholarship award will be automatically cancelld.
◆ Documents Required:-
1) Passport size photo
2) 10th Board Certificate
3) ST Certificate
4) Income Certificate
5) (ITR/Form16), if applicable: Assessment Year 2022-23
For Post-Doctoral Scholarship : Master degree [all years/semester marks with consolidated grade sheet] and Ph.D awarded certification.
For PhD Scholarship : Master degree [all years/semester marks with consolidated grade sheet]
For Master’s Degree Scholarship : Graduation [all years/semester marks with consolidated grade sheet]
7) PVTG ( Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups ) Certificate – if applicable
◆ Mode of Application :- Online
◆ Selection procedure:-
– Online Application
– Personal Interview
◆ Link for downloading Scholarship notification :-
◆ Link for Online Application:-
◆ Contact Details:-
Contact Person: Sh. Manoj Kumar Singh (Deputy Secretary-Scholarship Section)
Address : Gate No:-3, Ground Floor, Jeevan Tara Building, Ashoka Road, Patel Chowk, New Delhi -110001
For Technical Query Contact-
Raise Query at : https://tribal.nic.in/Grievance
Contact No : 011-23345770