◆ About Scholarship:-
National Overseas Scholarship provides financial assistance to selected ST students for pursuing higher studies i.e Master Degree, Ph D and Post-Doctoral research program abroad. This Scholarship is a Central Sector Scheme of Ministry of Tribal Affairs and every year 20 fresh ST students are given scholarship for pursuing Master Degree, Ph.D, Post-Doctoral courses at abroad.
◆ Last Date:- 31 July 2023
◆ Scholarship Amount / Benefits:-
1) Annual Maintenance Allowance
The Annual maintenance allowance in US will be US Dollars 15,400 ($ Fifteen thousand four hundred only) & for candidates in United Kingdom will be Pound sterling 9,900 ( Nine thousand nine hundred only) For other countries, US Dollar 15,400
2) Annual Contingency and Equipment Allowance
The Annual Contingency and Equipment Allowance for books/essential apparatus/study tour/typing and binding of thesis etc. will be $ 1532 (US Dollars One thousand five hundred thirty two only) for the candidates in US and for candidates in United Kingdom, it will be £1116 (Pounds sterling One thousand one hundred sixteen only & For other countries, US Dollar 1532.
3) Cost of Air Travel – Economy class
4) Local Travel Cost –
5) Poll Tax – Actual shall be paid, wherever applicable.
6) Visa Fees- Actual visa fees in Indian Rupees will be paid.
7) Incidental Journey Expenses – Incidental journey expenses up to US Dollars 20 or its equivalent in Indian Rupees are permissible.
8) Fees :-
Tuition fees and other non-refundable fees which is required to be compulsorily paid by the student for completion of the course, as per actuals.
9) Medical Insurance Premium
◆ Eligible Course & Field of Study & Number of Scholarships :-
Students taking Admission for Post-Doctoral Research OR Ph.D OR Master’s Degree in below mentioned streams are eligible for scholarship
Pure/Applied Science/ Engineering/Technology/ Mathematics (STEM)-10
Management, Economics, Finance, Law – 04
Humanities/Social Science/Fine Arts – 02
◆ Duration of Scholarship:-
1) Post-Doctoral Research-1 & 1/2 years
2) For Ph.D- 4 Year
3) For Master’s Degree – 1/2/3 years (One/Two/Three years) depending upon the duration of the Course.
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) For Post-Doctoral Scholarship : Candidate Who Secured Minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s Degree and Ph.D are eligible for scholarship application.
2) For PhD Scholarship : Candidate Who Secured Minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s Degree are eligible for scholarship application.
3) For Master’s Degree Scholarship : Candidate Who Secured Minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelor’s Degree are eligible for scholarship application.
4) Only ST category or Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups Students are Eligible For Scholarship.
◆ Age Criteria For Scholarship :-
1) For Post-Doctoral Scholarship : 38 Years
2) For PhD Scholarship : 35 Years
3) For Master’s Degree Scholarship : 32 Years
◆ Income Criteria :-
Scholarships will be paid to the students whose family income from all sources does not exceed Rs.6,00,000/- (Rs. Six lakhs only) per annum.
The family income shall be computed in the following manner: –
1) In case where both father and mother are working, the combined income of both of them from all sources shall be taken into account in computing total family income.
2) In case any other member of the family, other than father and mother, is an earning member, his or her income shall not be included in computing total family income.
3) In case only one parent is alive, the income of that parent shall be taken into account for considering total family income. If other sibling or family member is an earning member, their income shall not be included in computing total family income.
4) In case of an orphan, supported by a guardian, income criteria shall not apply.
Note (Regarding Income Criteria)
1) Definition of Income – Income means gross income including income from all sources without and exemption and deductions available in the Income Tax Act.
2) Income certificate is required to be taken once only i.e. at the time of admission to course which will be valid for the entire duration of the course.
3) The income certificate given at the time of admission should be taken in the same year for which the admission is taken. In case of salaried employee, the income of previous financial year will be considered for the purpose of eligibility. For example, if a candidate applies afresh for academic year 2021-22, the family income for financial year 2020-21 would be required.
- Only one child from the family can get the benefit of the Scholarship.
- Candidate total family income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 6,00,000/-
- Students finally selected candidates will be required to secure admission and join in one of the top 1,000 ranked foreign Institutes/Universities abroad (as per the QS world ranking) within 2 years from the date of communication of Award Letter. On expiry of this specified period of time, the award will automatically get cancelled
- Bachelor level courses in any discipline are not covered under the scheme.
- 30% of the scholarship awards are earmarked for female candidates.
- The criteria of marks obtained in Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree will not apply to those candidates who have already obtained admissions in top 1,000 Institutes as QS World ranking of the latest available report.
- ◆ Documents Required:-
1) Passport size photo
2) 10th Board Certificate
3) ST Certificate
4) Income Certificate
5) (ITR/Form16), if applicable: Assessment Year 2023-24
For Post-Doctoral Scholarship : Master degree [all years/semester marks with consolidated grade sheet] and Ph.D awarded certification.
For PhD Scholarship : Master degree [all years/semester marks with consolidated grade sheet]
For Master’s Degree Scholarship : Graduation [all years/semester marks with consolidated grade sheet]
7) Conversion formula sheet [in case of marks mentioned on marksheet are in CGPA/OGPA/FGPA
8) PVTG ( Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups ) Certificate – if applicable
9) Passport Size Photograph
10) Admission or Offer Letter ( If Available )
◆ Mode of Application :- Online
◆ Link for downloading Scholarship notification :-
◆ Link for Online Application:-
◆ Link to download Scholarship Guidelines :-
◆ Link To Download Scholarship Instruction Manual :-
◆ Link to download Digilocker User Manual :-
◆ Link to Download State-wise list of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs):-
◆ Link TO Download Frequently Asked Question & Answers:-
◆ Contact Details:-
Contact Person: Sh. Manoj Kumar Singh (Deputy Secretary-Scholarship Section)
Address : Gate No:-3, Ground Floor, Jeevan Tara Building, Ashoka Road, Patel Chowk, New Delhi -110001
For Technical Query Contact-
Raise Query at : https://tribal.nic.in/Grievance
Contact No : 011-23345770