IET India instituted the annual IET Scholarship Awards in 2013 to underline the organisation’s commitment to India’s engineering community. The aim was to incentivise young people entering the engineering and technology profession. After a successful run from 2013-2016, IET India Scholarship Award was re-launched in 2021 in a digital format. In 2022, the IET Scholarship Award drew tremendous participation across the country..The award is open to all 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th year undergraduate engineering students pursuing engineering from AICTE/UGC approved Institutions and national institutes.
☆ Regional rounds
1) Regional Round: Winner – Rs 60,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
2) Runner Up – Rs 40,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
☆ National Finals:
1) Winner: Rs 3,00,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
2) 1st Runner Up: Rs 1,70,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
3) 2nd Runner Up: Rs 1,50,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
◇ NOTE : If a student wins the scholarship both in Regional and National level he/she will be awarded Certificate for both the levels and the prize money for national level only.
1) Any first, second, third year and fourth year full time regular UG Engineering student from an AICTE/UGC approved institution. (Open to students across all engineering branches as recognised by the AICTE/UGC.)
2) All regular credit courses must have been cleared in a single attempt by the applicant.
3) UG marks should be at least 60% in aggregate for the semesters cleared so far or corresponding to CGPA of at least 6.0 in a 10 point scale
4) There is no age limit for the applicant.
5) Application is open to IET members, as well as non-members.
6) Students from AICTE/UGC approved Institutions and national institutes are eligible to apply for scholarship.
How to apply:
☆ Stage 1: Online Application & Evaluation
1)Only those candidates who clear the eligibility criteria as set out by the IET India Scholarship Award will be considered in the Online Application round.
☆ Stage 2: Online test
1) Shortlisted applicants from Stage 1 will be invited to take an All-India online test.
2)This online test is conducted to assess the shortlisted applicant’s knowledge in engineering subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science
3)There will be a total of approximately 50 multiple choice questions.
☆ Stage 3: Regional Rounds
In this Regional Level Assessment, the applicants shortlisted from each region will present on topics that will be given by the Jury members.The Regional Assessment will be conducted across 5 regions:
● Regional North (Delhi)
● Regional South 1 (Bangalore)
● Regional South 2 (Chennai)
● Regional East + North East (Kolkata)
● Regional West (Mumbai)
☆ Stage 4: The National Finals
The 5 winners from the Regional Rounds will make their presentations on their technology solution, and their vision for it, as they see it, for the engineering problem chosen in the previous Round.
Link for application: