- Application Deadline:- July 15 ,2021
- About Fellowship:-
The Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships are designed for Indian scholars who are registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution. These fellowships are for six to nine months.
1) The fellowships provide J-1 visa support
2) Selected scholars will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the U.S.
3) Government guidelines,
4) Round- trip economy class air travel
5) Applicable allowances and modest affiliation fees, if any
7) No allowances are provided for dependents.
8) The grant is not sufficient to support family members.
- Eligibility Requirements :
1) The applicant should have done adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S.
2) Applicant must be registered for Ph.D. at an Indian institution on or before November 2, 2020. On the online application form, one of the recommendation letters must be from the Ph.D. supervisor that comments on applicants’ research, need for the fellowship, and must indicate the Ph.D. registration date and topic;
3) This grant is intended for Ph.D. students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/thesis. Therefore, the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date should atleast be three months after the Fulbright-Nehru grant end date. For example, if May 2023 is the grant end date, the applicant cannot submit his/her thesis before August 2023. Please indicate the Ph.D. registration date and the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date in the Applicant Annexure. The applicant can download the Applicant Annexure from the USIEF website;
4) If the applicant is employed, s/he must follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’ endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. The applicant can download the FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form from the USIEF website
5) The applicant must upload a copy of original published/presented paper or extracts from the Masters’/M.Phil. thesis on the online application form (not exceeding 20 pages).
6) These fellowships are for pre-doctoral level research. Applicants with Ph.D. degrees or those at the final stage of Ph.D. thesis submission will not be considered.
- Fields Of Study For Fellowship :
1) Agricultural Sciences
5) Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics)
6) Visual Arts
7) Women’s and Gender Studies.
8) Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management)
9) Economics; Education Policy and Planning
10) Energy Studies
11) Geography (including GIS and Geology)
12) History; Language and Literature
13) Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications);
14) Mathematical Sciences
16) Performing Arts
18) Political Science (including, but not limited to, International Security and Strategic Studies)
19) Public Health
20) Public Policy
- How to Apply :
Applications must be submitted online. Please visit the Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships webpage at www.usief.org.in for fellowship detail and Application Instructions.