◆ Last Date :– 19 December 2022
◆ Scholarship Benefits / Amount :-
1) Rs. 5,000/- per year will be provided to purchase Sport Kit
2) For scholars (individual game only) taking part in maximum 6 All India Ranking tournaments Rs. 48,000/- per year will be provided towards DA/travel/hotel accommodation/ conveyance etc.
◆ For Scholars
1st Year – Rs. 9,000
2nd Year – Rs. 10,000
3rd Year – Rs. 11,000
For Elite Scholars
1st Year – Rs. 12,000
2nd Year – Rs. 13,000
3rd Year – Rs. 14,000
◆ Scholarships Details :-
The objective of this scheme is to award NHPC Sports Scholarships to promising young players with a view to encourage talent and create a pool of sports persons.
◆ Eligibility Sports for Scholarship :-
1) Football, Kabaddi, Hockey, Boxing, Archery, Athletics, Shooting, Cricket, Swimming, Wrestling, Volleyball, Bridge, Table Tennis, Chess, Badminton and Para sports.
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
For Elite Scholars-
1) Sport person representing Country in Team games at Junior & Senior Level are eligible for scholarship application.
2) Sport person secured National ranking between 1-5 in juniors or sub juniors or semifinalist/finalist in national championship in Individual games are eligible for scholarship.
3) Para Olympic Sports ( Individual Sports ) person secured Nation ranking 1 to 5 are eligible for scholarship. Ranking should be provided by Paralympic Committee of India. Also sport person Must possess licence issued by Paralympic Committee of India (PCI).
For Scholars –
1) Sport person representing State in Team games at Junior & Senior Level are eligible for scholarship application.
2) Sport person secured National ranking between 6 to 15 in juniors or sub juniors or semifinalist / finalist in national championship in Individual games are eligible for scholarship.
3) Para Olympic Sports ( Individual Sports ) person secured Nation ranking 6 to 15 are eligible for scholarship. Ranking should be provided by Paralympic Committee of India. Also sport person Must possess licence issued by Paralympic Committee of India (PCI).
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) Age: Scholarship will be given to upcoming junior players in the age group of 14-19 years (as on 01.12.2022). Players born on or after 01.12.2003 and on or before 01.12.2008 are eligible for such scholarship. For Para Sports, the age for applying for scholarship will be between 14-24 years (as on 01.12.2022).
2) Players born on or after 01.12.1998 and on or before 01.12.2008 are eligible for scholarship in Para sports category.
3) Exceptionally talented /potential sports scholar(s) in any game as listed above not meeting the age, eligibility criteria may be considered with the approval of CMD, NHPC.
◆ SCHOLARSHIP TENURE :-
This Scholarship will be provided for Three Years, irrespective of the age of the scholarship recipient
◆ Document Required:-
1) Self-attested photocopy of proof of date of birth as per point 5 of application form.
2) In case the applicant belongs to SC/ST/OBC category he /she has to send a copy his/her caste certificate duly attested by a gazetted officer.
3) If an applicant is son/daughter of NHPC employee, the applicant has to submit a copy his/her parent’s identity card
4) Annexure-I duly signed by applicant and parent/ guardian with date.
5) Annexure-II duly signed by parent/guardian of applicant and attested by a gazetted officer with signature, name, designation and seal.
◆ Note :-
1) After the completion of one year duration period of sports scholarship; the performance of the players will be reviewed based on his/her performance / achievements in the State level / National level and All India Ranking tournaments, for junior/sub-juniors. Based on the same, sports scholarship will be extended for the second year. The extension for the third year will be based on the performance of players in the 2nd year of sports scholarship.
2) In case, the performance of a player in the 1st year is not up to the mark, NHPC may terminate the scholarship
3) All sports scholarship will be for a period of three years with no extension and will be discontinued in case the performance of the player is not found satisfactory
4) The sports scholars will have to submit their performance report immediately after the completion of a tournament with necessary press clipping through the Head of Institution / Principal or from their National / State Association.
5) The sports scholars will have to wear T-shirts and Track Suits with NHPC Logo while playing in tournaments and while participating also. They will also carry the kit bags with logo during practice and tournaments.
◆Link for Download Scholarship Application :-
◆ To Download Annexure :-
◆ To Download Scholarship Notification :-
◆ Application Procedure:-
- Take a printout of the application available on below link https://drive.google.com/file/d/199Aa26kg8x1nqun6fcoM_Cs9II1RiQP8/view?usp=sharing
- Fill Scholarship Application & Annexures completely
- Forward the duly completed & signed application form together with requisite enclosures to address- Manager (PR)/Corporate Sports Coordinator Corporate Communication Department, NHPC Limited, Sector-33, Faridabad, Haryana -121003
Address- Manager (PR)/Corporate Sports Coordinator Corporate Communication Department, NHPC Limited, Sector-33, Faridabad, Haryana -121003
Website: – http://www.nhpcindia.com/Default.aspx?id=128&lg=eng&