◆ Scholarship amount:- ₹10,000(Ten Thousand Rupees only)
◆ Last date for Application:- 15 March 2021
◆ About Scholarship:-
Marathi Vidnyan Parishad (MVP) has launched a Scholarship Scheme since 2016 for M.Sc. and M.A. students studying in Maharashtra. This year applications are invited from the students of M.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry / Biology (Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Bio-chemistry) / Mathematics or Statistics), M.A. in (Mathematics / Statistics). The aim of the scheme is to support and motivate students pursuing their higher studies in pure science.
The scheme details are as follows:
1) Scheme is open only to students who have taken admission either for M.Sc. Part I in Physics / Chemistry / Biology (Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Bio-chemistry) / Mathematics / Statistics OR M.A. first yearI in Mathematics / Statistics, in the academic year 2020-21. Scholarship will be awarded to two students each of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics / Statistics (M.Sc./M.A) discipline.
2) Each scholarship is worth Rs. 10,000/- (Rs. Ten Thousand only per year. Candidate winning the scholarship in M.Sc.first year will be automatically eligible for the scholarship for M.Sc. / M.A. second year only if he/she gets aggregate 60% or more marks in MSc. / M.A. First year.
3) Scheme is open to all candidates (irrespective of race, religion, caste and gender) who are residing in Maharashtra and are enrolled for M.Sc. / M.A. (M.A. only in Mathematics / Statistics) in a College / University or recognised (University Grants Commission approved) Institute in Maharashtra (Only “Regular” students will be considered).
4) Candidates winning the scholarship will be expected to contribute at least 60 hours per year for both the years of their M.Sc./M.A., to further MVP’s mission of spreading awareness of science in the community. This contribution can be in the form of conducting workshops, delivering lectures, using the social media for science popularisation, writing science articles for MVP etc. The Awarded candidates will need to coordinate with the corresponding MVP Vibhag, which is closest to where they are pursuing their M.Sc./MA
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) Candidate must have scored at least 70% marks in the science subject namely Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Bio-chemistry) or Mathematics / Statistics (as selected for M.Sc./MA.) in 10th,12th and T.Y. B.Sc./T.Y.B.A.
2) Candidate must have scored at least 80% overall marks in 10th exam
3) Candidate must have scored at least 70% overall marks in 12th exam.
4) Candidate must have scored at least 60% overall marks in B.Sc./B.A. (all three years combined).
◆ Application Procedure:-
Application form for this scholarship can be downloaded from MVP website. Candidates should print and fill the form completely. Scan the filled and signed form and email to below mentioned email id or post/courier to MVP address given below. MVP should receive completed and signed form on or before 15/03/2021. Forms received after the 15/03/2021 or incomplete forms will not be considered for awarding the scholarship.
◆ Contact Details:-
Address– Marathi Vidnyan Parishad, Vidnyan Bhavan, V. N. Purav Sion, Chunabhatti, Mumbai 400022.
Phone No.: 022-2405 4714, 022-2405 7268
◆ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
◆ Website: www.mavipa.org