◆ About Scholarship:-
Jawaharlal Neharu Scholarship is provided to students of Indian Nationals & Nationals of other Asian countries for Ph.D. study in India.
◆ Scholarship Amount / Benefits:-
Rs.18,000/- per month ( Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Stipend
Rs.15,000/-per annum ( Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery )
◆ Last Date Of Application :- 31st August 2023
◆ Mode Of Scholarship Application :– Offline
◆ Eligible Subjects / Specialization For Scholarship :-
1) Indian History and Civilization
3) Comparative Studies in Religion and Culture
5) Ecology and Environment
◆ Duration OF Scholarship :– Up to 2 years.
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) Full-time Ph.D. Scholar Who are FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate levels can apply for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship.
2) Only Students Who are Already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India can apply for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship.
3) Only Students Who’s age is less than 35 years are eligible for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship.
◆ Documents Required:-
1) Passport size photograph
2) A synopsis of the proposed project
3) Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor’s report/recommendations.
4) Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100/-
5) Ph.D. registration certificate.
6) Necessary certificates as proof of category issued by the Competent Authorities
◆ Reservation In Scholarship :-
1) 15% of the scholarships are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates.
2) 7.5% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates.
3) 27% of the seats are reserved for Other Backwards Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates as per the Central List.
4) 10% of the seats are reserved for General Economically Weaker Sections (General-EWS).
5) 5% of the seats in the above-mentioned categories are reserved for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) with 40% or more disability◆ Note :-
For Sc ST Students No need of Postal Order/Demand Draft.
Postal Order/Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund” payable at New Delhi.
Age relaxation up to 5 years will be provided to the candidates belonging to OBC-NCL (as per the Central List of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in) /SC/ST/PwD/Third gender categories and to women applicants.
◆ Application Procedure :-
1) Download & Fill Application available on below link-
2) Send Completely filled application with required documents on Address- “Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110 011.”
◆ Link for more information about Scholarship :-
◆ Link To Download Scholarship Application:-
◆ Link To Download Scholarship Information Booklet :-
◆ Contact Details:-
Address- Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110 011
Phone: 011-23013641, 011-23017173, 011-23018087