◆ Last Date:- 20 September 2021
◆ About Fellowship:-
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. We also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2022)
2) Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below).
3) Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits.
4) Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher.
If in doubt, please email email@example.com.
◆ Link for online Application:-
◆ Fellowship Benifits:-
1) Tuition and fees paid for the academic year(up to two years/four semesters)
2) A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
3) A paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
4) Various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers
◆ Fellowship sectors:-
1) AI System HW SW Co-Design
3) AR/VR Future Technologies
2) Applied Statistics
4) AR/VR Computer Graphics
5) AR/VR Human Computer Interaction
6) AR/VR Human Understanding
7) AR/VR Perception, Cognition & Action
8) AR/VR Photonics and Optics
9) Audio Presence
10) Augmented Reality Audio
11) Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
12) Computational Social Science
13) Database Systems
14) Distributed Systems
15) Economics and Computation
16) HCI – Social Media, People, & Society and Technology
18) Privacy and Data Use
19) Programming Languages
20) Security and Privacy
21) Technology Policy
1) Application Must Include
500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below)
2) Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.