◆ Fellowship Amount / Benefits:-
1) A total of 75 thousand rupees per month will be given as a fellowship of 70 thousand rupees and a travel allowance of 5 thousand rupees per month.
2) The Fellows will have a rank equivalent to that of a Group A officer in the Government Service.
3) A temporary identity card and email ID will be provided for office use during the tenure of the fellowship.
4) Accident insurance cover will be provided for the duration of the fellowship.
5) A separate certificate of completion of the special course conducted through IIT, Mumbai or IIM, Nagpur will be issued by the respective institute.
6) Fellows who successfully complete 12 months of fieldwork and specialized course conducted through IIT, Mumbai or IIM, Nagpur will be awarded a Fellowship Completion Certificate by the Govt.
◆ Last Date:- 2nd March 2023
◆ About Fellowship:-
Chief Minister Fellowship will be given by Maharashtra Government this year. This fellowship will be given to students who have passed their graduation in any subject and have at least one year of experience. 75 thousand rupees per month fellowship will be given for this fellowship. This year, sixty candidates will be selected for the Chief Minister Fellowship. The status equivalent to Group A officers in government service will be given to the students who get the fellowship.
◆ Duration of Chief Minister Fellowship :-
◆ Eligible Courses:-
Degree Courses in Any stream completed students
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) Any student from India who has passed the degree examination with minimum 60% marks in any course is eligible to apply for this fellowship.
2) Must have at least one year full time work experience to apply for Chief Minister Fellowship. Also for professional course students one year experience with full time internship / apprenticeship / articleship is required as part of their curriculum. Experience of full time self employment, self entrepreneurship will also be considered.
3) Students who are going to apply for fellowship must be able to write, read and speak Marathi language. Adequate knowledge of Hindi and English is a must. Also, knowledge of computer handling and internet is required.
4) The age of the candidate applying for fellowship is minimum 21 years and maximum 26 years as on the last date of submission of application only such candidates are eligible to apply for fellowship.
◆ Method of Applying for Fellowship :- Online
◆ Fees charged for Fellowship Application :- Rs.500/-
◆ Necessary Documents:-
1) Mark sheets of 10th, 12th, diploma, degree, professional courses etc
2) Certificates of Experience
3) Scan copy of photograph and autograph
4) Address proof
◆ Important Dates :-
Online Application Period – 7th February, 2023 to 2nd March, 2023
Mock Exam – March 3, 2023 to March 5, 2023
Online Examination – 4th & 5th March 2023
◆ Selection Process for Fellowship :-
1) Apply online & Pay examination fee online
2) Online Objective (Test Objective Test Exam )
3) 210 candidates who have passed the maximum marks in objective tests will have to submit Three essays online on three given subjects within a specified period.
4) Interview- The 210 candidates securing the highest marks in the objective test will be interviewed at Mumbai.
◆ IMPORTANT NOTE:-
1) Candidate’s commitment to social and public work, strong character, positive attitude, team spirit, relevant work experience, suitability for the program and other factors will be taken into consideration at the time of interview.
2) In the final selection of candidates for fellowship, the marks for objective test, essay and interview will be 15, 30 and 50 respectively. 5 marks on the basis of Master’s Degree or Professional Degree from a recognized institution.
3) In the final selection of candidates for fellowship, if two candidates obtain equal marks, preference will be given to the candidate who is a resident of Maharashtra.
◆Link for more information:-
◆ Link for Online Application:-
◆ Terms & Condition For Fellowship:-
1) Fellows who have previously worked under the Chief Minister Fellowship Program will not be eligible for selection of Fellows under this programme.
2) After appointment of Fellows a) Police verification will be done on joining through Directorate of Finance and Statistics. b) Competence certificate of registered medical practitioner will be mandatory to be submitted at the time of joining. c) Educational qualification of the applicant, etc.
3) The candidate selected under this program will be appointed on a contractual basis for a fellowship of 12 months. During the said 12 months period the duration of the academic program as well as other activities carried out under the fellowship program period shall be inclusive. No increase in remuneration shall be admissible during the contract period.
4) After receiving the letter of selection, the candidate will have to appear at the prescribed place and within the prescribed time at his own expense. This will not be discounted under any circumstances. The appointment of the candidate who does not appear at the prescribed place or within the prescribed time will be cancelled. The decision taken by the Directorate of Finance and Statistics in this regard shall be final.
5) Even if candidates are asked for preference regarding Department / Office / Authority. The decision of the Directorate of Finance and Statistics, Mumbai will be final regarding the department / office / authority to which the candidate will be assigned, taking into account the government’s priority and the suitability and suitability of the candidate. Directorate of Finance and Statistics, Mumbai reserves the right not to appoint any candidate who tries to put pressure on the concerned authorities in any way in this regard even after selection and to disqualify him from the selection process.
6) Fellows will be provided with a temporary identity card and a temporary official government e-mail ID for the duration of the fellowship. The identity card in possession of the Fellow shall be required to be returned to the Director, Directorate of Finance and Statistics, Mumbai on completion of the tenure of the Fellow concerned. Also, the facility of e-mail ID given to the fellows will be stopped.
7) The number of fellows for this fellowship is fixed at 60, out of which the number of female fellows will be 1/3 of the total number of fellows. If 1/3 female fellows are not available, male fellows will be selected instead.
8) Dearness Allowance, Interim or Pay Commission service benefits shall not be admissible to Fellows.
9) Medical reimbursement shall not be admissible to Fellows during the contract period.
10) Service during the contract period shall not be considered for pension, bonus, leave travel concession, leave encashment or any other monetary benefits and service benefits.
11) Business tax shall not be recovered from the emoluments of Fellows.
12) Group personal accident insurance risk of Fellows will be dealt with as per rules of Finance Department regarding insuring under this scheme.
13) Duties performed by officers of equal cadre shall remain with fellows. Accordingly, the fellows will follow all the rules of the office and attend the office as per the scheduled time and perform the duties. Also, Fellows will not be able to pursue full-time courses, private business and part-time/full-time employment during this period. If duty is required to perform office duties on a public holiday other than an office working day, Fellows will be required to attend work for that purpose. No additional remuneration will be admissible for that.
14) Minor leave of 8 days will be admissible to Fellows during the 12 month contract period. Any other type of leave availed by them will be deducted from the remuneration accordingly.
15) Fellows are required to be present at the headquarters and cannot leave the headquarters without the prior permission of the concerned authorized officer.
16) The duration of the fellowship will be for twelve months only. The selection of Fellows will be of a provisional nature only, the Fellows will not be entitled to join Government employment.
17) In case of death or disability of the fellow during the contract period, the amount of scholarship / stipend during his term of duty shall be paid to his declared family. However, no appointment will be made on the basis of a grant of grace or contract.
18) If the Fellow wishes to resign during the contract period, a signed application must be submitted at least one month in advance to the Director, Directorate of Finance and Statistics, Mumbai through the designated office.
19) If the Fellowship of a Fellow is terminated by resignation or for any other reason, the said Fellow may not complete the academic programe.
20) Complete confidentiality will be maintained regarding the performance of the Fellows during the contract period as well as after the termination of the program. No information shall be given to them except the authorized officer during the contract period or even thereafter regarding their performance / research / information collected / issues prepared on the basis of the information received.
21) Fellow shall not participate in any political movement during the fellowship period. Also, they should ensure that no indecent act takes place on their part, fellows maintain integrity, do not participate in elections, do not give information to newspapers, do not accept donations of any kind, etc. Be careful.
22) Fellows will have to take prior approval of the designated Head of Office while visiting projects / establishments in the State. In this regard, the head of the projects/establishments to be visited should be given a prior idea.
23) Fellows shall be solely responsible for any action taken against them in connection with any criminal illegal acts committed by the Fellows during the entire period of fellowship as well as thereafter.
◆ To know information about the fellowship, watch the video given on the following link :-
◆ Contact Details:-
Address- Director, Directorate of Finance and Statistics, Planning Department, Government of Maharashtra, Administrative Building, 8th Floor
Bandra (East), Mumbai. 400 051