Last Date of Application distribution:- 14th March, 2022
Last Date for applications: 21st March, 2022
The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN. Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant : 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July.
Financial Assistance Details:-
1) The Foundation assists students with tuition fees and living expenses only.
2) The cost of travel is not included in AKF scholarships.
3) Funding for PhD programmes is only provided for the first two years of study, after which the students are expected to find alternative sources of assistance.
4) Financial assistance is provided according to the needs of students, but the ISP must be considered a lender of last resort.
5) Applicants are requested to make every effort to obtain funding from other sources as well, so that the amount requested from the Foundation can be reduced to a minimum.
6) Preference is given to those who have been able to secure some funding from alternative sources.
1) Geographic Scope- Aga Khan Foundation accepts applications from nationals of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique. In France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada, applications are accepted from those who are originally from one of the above developing countries, are interested in development-related studies and who have no other means of financing their education.
2) Residency Requirement- Aga Khan Foundation only accepts applications of eligible nationals listed above who are residing in one of the countries where there are local Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), or Aga Khan Education Board (AKEB) offices which process applications and interview candidates.
3) Age Limit- For Scholarship Preference is given to students under 30 years of age.
The main criteria for selecting award winners are:
l) Consistently excellent academic records,
2) Genuine financial need,
3) Admission to a highly reputable university or programme of study and
4) Relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas.
Candidates are also evaluated on demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans, their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals and likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment.
५) Applicants are expected to have some years of work experience in their field of interest.
Half of the scholarship amount is considered as a loan, which must be reimbursed with an annual service charge of 5%. A guarantor is required to co-sign the loan agreement. The payback period is five years, starting six months after the study period funded by the Aga Khan Foundation.
Students may obtain application forms as of 1st January each year from AKF offices or Aga Khan Education Services / Boards in their countries of current residence. Completed applications should be returned to the agency from which the form was obtained.
For More Information Link:-