◆ About Scholarship:-
The government of Maharashtra Department of Social Justice, Cultural Affairs and Special Assistance provides Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship to Schedule Caste (including New-Buddhists) students to study in designated educational institutions in the country. This scholarship will be given to 100 students this year.
◆ Scholarship Amount / Benefits:-
1) Full tuition fee, examination fee, registration fee for gymnasium, library, computer, etc. as prescribed by the university/education institution for the course.
2) For students staying in the hostel Fees charged by the institution
3) If the students stay elsewhere due to a lack of space in the hostel, the hostel fee and food fee for such students.
4) 5,000/- for books and Rs.5,000/- for educational materials and other educational expenses
5) subsistence allowance
◆ Last Date:- 14/08/2023
◆ Eligible Courses:-
Course Level: Any Under Graduation or Post Graduation Courses
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) The student should belong to Scheduled Castes (including neo-Buddhists) of Maharashtra State and resident of Maharashtra State
2) When the student is applying for degree studies in the state government or other state for a degree
3) Should not have availed the scholarship of the Government, Central Government and also should not have availed the scholarship of the State Government or other State, Central Government for the Master’s Degree/ Post Graduate Degree while applying for the Master’s Degree/ Post Graduate Degree course.
4) Age of the students applying for the scholarship- The maximum age limit for degree courses will be 25 years and for degree/diploma studies the maximum age limit will be 30 years.
5) For the scholarship, the total annual income of the student’s family from all sources for the financial year 2022-23 should be within 6 lakhs.
6) To apply for this scholarship, students must have passed Class 10th and 12th examinations from Maharashtra State Divisional Secondary and Higher Secondary Boards in Maharashtra State Region.
7) To apply for this scholarship, students must score at least 55% marks in the 12th standard examination.
8) Diploma-holder students taking admission in the second round of the degree course will be selected for the scholarship based on their marks in the diploma examination, for which the students must secure at least 55 percent marks in the diploma examination.
9) Selection for scholarships will be made based on merit taking into account the percentage of marks in the degree course for postgraduate course scholarships. For that, students must secure at least 55 percent marks in the degree examination.
◆ Necessary Documents:-
1) Domicile certificate for being a resident of Maharashtra,
2) Caste certificate (issued by competent authority as well as caste validity certificate,
3) Form No.16 / Income Certificate (Issued by Competent Authority) / Income Tax Return
4) Class 12 School/College Leaving Certificate,
5) Letter from the concerned institution confirming direct admission to the institution,
6) Aadhaar Card, PAN Card (Palak)
7) Aadhaar-linked bank account details
8) Complete mark sheets etc. Mark sheets of all years of 12th/Diploma/Diploma etc. examination (whichever are available).
If the parents of the student are employed, it will be necessary to submit his income tax return, form no.16, and certificate of income from all sources of the family for the last additional year issued by the Raksham Authority Tehsildar (or Naib Tehsildar). For other students, it will be necessary to submit the income certificate of the family from all sources for the previous plus year issued by the competent authority (Tehsildar or Naib Tehsildar).
The student selected for the scholarship under this scheme will not get the Government of India post-matriculation scholarship queue, and the remaining scholarship will be sanctioned if the scholarship fellowship received by the student in the concerned institution is in any other queue during the course period.
Course mentioned while applying for the course admitted to the prescribed University/Institute | It will be obligatory for the student to complete within the prescribed period
In case of partial withdrawal of studies, the full amount of the scholarship will be recovered from the concerned student/guardian as per the above Act.
◆ Link to Download Scholarship Application:-
◆Link to Download Guarantee:-
◆ Link to Download Eligible College List:-
◆ Contact Details:-
Address- Government of Maharashtra
Social Welfare Commissionerate, State of Maharashtra, 3 Church Path, Pune- 41001
Telephone no. 020 / 26137186.26127569