◆ Fellowship Amount / Benifits:-
1) 45,000 per month if the fellow is living and working in a “X” category area.
2) 35,000 per month if the fellow is living and working in a “Y” category area.
3) 25,000 per month if the fellow is living and working in a “Z” category area.*
◆ Last Date:- 05 January 2023
◆ About Fellowship:-
The Inlaks Shivdasani Fellowship for Social Engagement will give graduates and early to mid-career professionals the confidence and security to explore alternatives and make independent choices about their lives while contributing to social change. The fellowship aims to increase participation in public life among young people while encouraging them to challenge the status quo. The fellowship will give young people the opportunity to work with a mentor of their choice and involve themselves in a process where knowledge drives social change. The fellowship will give participants the chance to build a diverse worldview and establish long-lasting connections to issues of public importance. The work pursued may take many forms, including action-oriented research, cause lawyering, grassroots journalism, ecological efforts, minority rights, public health, archiving, reviving, or reporting on dying arts, culture, language etc. (Applicants proposing to work on art installations, photo books etc. are not eligible to apply for this fellowship. They are encouraged to apply for the Inlaks Fine Arts Award). A brief profile of fellows selected for the maiden cohort of the fellowship is available here and here. The fellowship is committed to supporting equality of opportunity, social inclusion, freedom of expression, and respect for individual and constitutional rights.
◆ Fellowship Period :- Two Years
◆ Fellowship Application Timeline :-
Last Date for online Applications – 5 January 2023
Shortlisted candidates announcement – 5 February 2023
Final interview- Within a fortnight from shortlisted candidates announcement.
Final Fellowship announcement – 28th March 2023.
Fellowship starting Date – 1st March 2023
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) Applicants completed bachelor’s degree and having age below 25 years on 5th January 2023 are eligible to apply for Fellowship.
2) Early to mid-career professionals having age below 35 years on 5th January 2023 and having at least 3 years of relevant work experience are eligible to apply for Fellowship.
Note:- Applicant enrolled in academic studies / PhD for the duration of the fellowship are not eligible to apply for Fellowship.
◆ Documents Required:-
1) Work Plan
2) Statement of Purpose
3) Letter of Endorsement from the Mentor
4) Letter of Recommendation
◆ EXPECTATIONS FROM FELLOWS:-
1) A commitment to a 2-year fellowship term subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the contract with Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation.
2) Fellows are expected to carry out their work in good faith and to the best of their abilities comporting with the highest standards of ethics, inclusion and fairness.
3) Fellows are expected to abide by the working policies of their host organization.
4) Fellows shall submit progress reports to the foundation for quarterly review. This will be reviewed and commented on by their mentor.
5) An annual presentation of the fellows’ work.
6) To enable the fellows to build a diverse worldview, fellows are expected to engage with their peers in the fellowship, participate and contribute to reflection workshops conducted by the foundation from time to time.
◆ Link for more information:-
◆ Link for Online Application:-