● Last date to apply – 30th November 2021
● Fellowship amount and its duration: –
The amount for this fellowship is one and a half lakh (1 lakh 25 thousand) and the fellow will get one year to complete his/her research work.
● Fellowship will be given on 1 February 2022
● About Fellowship:-
Dr. Aroon Tikekar, the noted and erudite scholar-researcher, well-regarded writer, books and rare books collector, veteran editor, and eminent thinker passed away suddenly on January 19, 2016. He had contributed immensely to the intellectual life of Mumbai and Maharashtra in the last four decades through his vast collection of essays, editorials, opinion articles, and books. He had also nurtured the tradition of well-researched historical and sociological studies.
Dr. Tikekar was the President of The Asiatic Society of Mumbai for six years (2007 to 2013) during which he had initiated several projects to enthuse and motivate young research scholars, and had infused new ideas and programs into the renowned institution.
The Asiatic Society of Mumbai has set up the Dr. Aroon Tikekar Centre for Advanced Studies to honor his remarkable work and carry forward its tradition. This Centre is dedicated to nurturing scholars and generating research in a number of fields associated with Dr. Tikekar. The Sixth Dr. Aroon Tikekar Memorial Fellowship through this Centre will be awarded on his birth anniversary on February 1, 2022.
● Research Topic (subject)
The research field chosen for this year is, “Literature: Fiction”. Under this broad subject, the following topics are suggested.
1) Reflections of metro life in Marathi/English fiction, by Indian authors, from 1991 to date(fiction includes short story/novel/drama)
2) Mythology reinterpreted in Marathi/English fiction, by Indian writers, from 1991 to date(fiction includes short story/ novel/ drama)
1) Researchers, practitioners, and students in the age group of 25 to 65 years can apply for this fellowship.
★ Important Notice
1) You can submit your research dissertation (work) in both Marathi and English language.
2) The time period for submission of research dissertation (work) and more information about fellowship available on the application and website as well as in the office of Asiatic Institute.
3) Research dissertation (work) is to be submitted on any one of the two subjects given to the researcher.
4) Experts in the field and renowned examiners Will select the right researcher/practitioner.
● How to find the application form and how to send an application –
1) Researcher can download the application form from this link. https://www.asiaticsociety.org.in/pdf/Application%20Form%202022.pdf
2) The practitioners have to fill the full form. The completed forms along with research proposals researchers can send by post / curware to the mail id below or to the address of Asiatic Society (office) till November 30, 2021. (Application forms are also available on the website and at the Asiatic Society, Mumbai office)
● Email Id:- firstname.lastname@example.org
● Address:- Townhall, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400023
● Contact Number:- (Office Phone)
022-22660956, 22665139, 22665560
● Website:- www.asiaticsociety.org.in