◆ Fellowship amount:- Funding of 10,000 Euros to be shared between a minimum of two people.
◆ Last date for Application:- 20 March 2021
◆ Location:- Berlin (Germany)
◆ About Fellowship:-
1)The Rights Studio gGmbH is a new creative hub in Berlin for people and organisations to engage on human rights issues affecting children, young people and future generations through the arts and other creative expressions.
2) The Fellowship seeks to enable young artists who are passionate about social justice to explore art for human and children’s rights activism. We welcome any creative output, including music, poetry, gaming, animation, illustrations, or other.
3) As well as funding, we will provide you with the framework within which to support you but you will have full artistic control over what you do and how. The only conditions are that it is an issue that affects children and young people everywhere, and the finished product must be made freely accessible and in open source format so that it can be shared through our network which is global.
4) The first Fellowship was piloted with four young female artists in London, under the direction of our sister organisation, the Child Rights International Network, CRIN. For this second fellowship we are looking for young people who are in Berlin.
• What they offer you
1) Funding: 10,000 Euros to be shared between a minimum of two people. This includes payment for your time and materials.
2) We will offer support and guidance throughout the different stages from planning through to launch. You will also have access to advice and guidance from various professional fields, both within the art sector and expertise within the human rights and campaigning field from our colleagues in London at CRIN. The first four fellows are also available for advice. We can also provide some guidance on managing the finances for the project.
◆ Eligibility Criteria:-
1) Anyone up to the age of 21 can apply;
2) You can apply as individuals or through an existing project, community group, school or similar.
3) The project can last between six to 12 months, depending on your schedule;
4) Some basic command of English is required to communicate with us, however your artwork doesn’t have to be in English, as long as translation can be added, if relevant, in order to reach our global audience;
Before applying read “our inspiration” and the “CRIN Code” which sets out our principles. These guide what we do, how and who we partner with.
• our inspiration:- https://rights-studio.org/our-inspiration/
• CRIN Code:- https://home.crin.org/the-crin-code
◆ Application Procedure:-
1) In no more than one page, please answer the following three questions:
• Who are you?
• Why are you interested in this project?
•What are some of the issues you care about?
2) Tell them what you would do with the grant in no more than 100 words. You can also attach other materials or links;
3) Please send two examples of your previous work.
Due to the ongoing Covid situation, all communications done digitally.
• Email your application at: firstname.lastname@example.org
◆ Contact Details:-