● About Scholarship: –
Applications are invited from the Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance of the Government of Maharashtra for the selection of foreign scholarships for higher education abroad for students belonging to Scheduled Caste, Neo-Buddhist category. Scholarships for Scheduled Caste Boys and Girls for Study in Abroad for Year 2021-2022.
●Terms and Conditions of Scholarship: –
1) Student from Scheduled Caste, Neo-Buddhist should be a resident of Maharashtra.
2) Applicant’s family annual income should not more than 6 lakhs.
3) Students in the top 100 universities in the world rankings and in the London School of Economics are not subject to income limit.
4) The maximum age limit will be 35 years for postgraduate courses and 40 years for PhD.
5) First, second and third year students who have been admitted in a foreign educational institution can apply for the scholarship; However, second and third year student will not receive scholarships for the completed course period.
6) Under the Foreign Scholarship Scheme, MBA course of two years duration will be allowed.
7) For medical course, the student will be admitted to a foreign university and the course must be approved by the Indian Council of Life Sciences (ICMR).
8) Students who have been admitted to a foreign educational institution or university should have a World University Rank within 300.
9) Students who have earlier availed the benefit of the scheme for completing postgraduate courses abroad under foreign scholarships from the government will also be eligible to apply for PhD courses.
● Benefits of Scholarship: –
1) Scholarship holders will get the full amount of University Tuition Fee as well as Other Fees implemented under the Government’s National Overseas Scholarship Scheme (a) Health Insurance and (b) Visa Fees.
2) Annual Subsistence Allowance for Students to study in US $15,400 while the in United Kingdom for Pound 9900 will be given.
3) Students will be paid Economy Class air travel ticket to get admission in a foreign university and return to India after completing the course.
4) As a contingency fee, $1,500 will be provided for students to study in the United States and other countries, while in the United Kingdom £1,100 will be paid for this. This includes books, study tours and other expenses.
◆ Method of application: –
Download the application form from the website https://www.maharashtra.gov.in/1143/Careers and complete it along with the required documents by 14/06/2022 till 6.00 pm at email@example.com By sending a hard copy by mail to the Commissionerate of Social Welfare, 3. Presented at Church Road, Pune 411001.
Considering the worldwide outbreak of the contagious disease Covid 19, the government reserves the right to cancel the advertisement of the scheme without any reason and to postpone the selection / admission process. Also, in the near future, if there is an increase in the income limit of the parents’ family under the scheme, and to make necessary changes in the advertisement accordingly. The government reserves the right to do so and to call for re-application.
Visit the following website for application form and more detailed information. (A) Click on this link employment at www.maharashtra.gov.in.
◆ Documents required: –
The student is required to submit the following documents along with the application. :
(i) Complete application in the prescribed format
(i) Caste Certificate and Caste Validity Certificate issued by the competent authority.
(ii) Proof of income issued by the competent authority.
(iv) Proof of passing the degree / post graduate examination. (Charter / Mark List),
(v) Unconditional offer letter regarding admission in an educational institution with less than 300 QS World Ranking.
(vi) Copy of Prospectus of the University to which admission has been granted.
(vi) Necessary agreements and guarantees.
(vii) Bail of two Indian nationals.
(ix) Letters of recommendation from two Gazetted Officers,
(x) Estimates of year-wise expenditure required for completion of the entire course, including tuition fees, examination fees, other fees, textbooks, stationery, meals and accommodation expenses, round trip flights.
● Contact details: –
1) Address: Government of Maharashtra Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance,
Commissionerate of Social Welfare, 3 Church Path, Pune-411001
2) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Telephone no. 020-26127569 / 26137986